I have been working on a partnership with Disneyland to put a credit counseling office in the back offices of Disneyland. Today, I had my final meeting with them and was given a back lot tour. My meeting started in the greenish building that is right off the 5 and ball. It was so interesting to walk through and see what happens behind the scenes. I saw the barns were the horses are trained and live, were they grow all of the plants, toured the floats for the parades, saw the maintenance department for the rides and walked right into Disneyland. It was so weird because there are no security officers or gates between toon-town and the back lots. We just walked right in and walk right out by it's a small world. The good news is they excepted my proposal and we will be opening an 'Disney Cast' office in September.
My CEO took a photo of me while at the park since we were both in suites and we looked so out of place. I also sent the photo out to the staff telling them the good news. They asked if I went on any rides and I said I couldn't. I then had to spill the beans and explain that I was pregnant!
4 comments:
Very cool! If you kept it a secret from your coworkers for that long...Im shocked! The women in this family are not great at secrets!
Oh! I must teach you how to do disneyland pregnant. I've done it quite a few times.
That is cool! Does that mean you will work at Disneyland now? Can you get this Auntie into Disneyland at a discount price??? I love Disneyland and would love to get the same tour you did. I am so impressed with you!
Way to go Kelly!
Post a Comment