I have five mid-terms within the next three weeks. Right now I am supposed to be completing a take home mid-term for my Future of Real Estate class. I was getting tired of writing so I checked out everyone's blogs. Thanks for the distraction.
One of the 5 questions on my take home mid-term is: Religion has played a major role in the development of cities. Please demonstrate this with examples from the period from Mesopotamia to the Renaissance and assess whether that role is still relevant today.
I have to write 1200 words for each question, so you can see why I am having trouble concentrating.
It would be interesting to get your opinion. Basically, religion played a huge role in developing cities in the past. The town would start with just a religious building, then markets would develop in a circular pattern around the religious building, then common dwelling were built around the market. Typically a wall was build for security purposes (more usual in Islamic countries... motes were created during the Renaissance period). So, my question is...
Do you think that our modern cities are still built around our religions?
3 comments:
I know Salt Lake City was but I dont know how modern they want you to get.
Oh and good luck on your midterms! I hope Saturday is wonderful! I wish we could be there but we even had to sell our BYU tickets to just hang at home. I left something for you both with my parents so be sure to get it from them!
I totally added Salt Lake City into my essay. It was the last major City in the US to develop based upon religious persecution.
Post a Comment