It's official. I am on bed rest. I was leaving work today when my doctor called my cell phone. She said to go to labor and delivery to have my blood pressure checked. Brian and I got there about 7:00 and didn't leave until 11:00. It started with just checking my blood pressure laying down. It was great at 127/65. Then they took it when I was sitting up and it shot up to 140/87. They decided to run it every 10 minutes for an hour sitting up and then laying down. Then they did it for another hour. Apparently they didn't like the results. So, then they put a monitor on my belly. Then they wanted to test my urine. After those results they took blood. A doctor came in and measured the fluid around the baby. The doctor told me I had hypertension and that I had to go on bed rest. ONLY to and from the bathroom and up for meals.
SO... if anyone wants to call or visit me that would be great. Also, I don't really have a good DVD collection so I am looking for DVDs to borrow! A good book would be great!
It is nice that I have a lab top to use in bed- so emails would be awesome.
5 comments:
Oh Kel! Im so sorry. If anyone can honestly say, I know how you feel its me! I wish I was closer or could come visit but under the circumstances Im sure you understand. Although what is the plan with hypertension? With preterm its always that you get off bedrest at 36 weeks. Will they only let you off when the baby comes? Do they have plans to take her early?
Sorry to pester you with questions but at least if might give you something to do. I will give you a call later!
Hi!! Stinky about the bed rest stuff. Is your employer bummed that you are going out earlier than expected? I hope your tension lessens quick! I can't wait to meet your new lil one. Yeah, soon! So exciting.
Hey kelly, I'm sorry to here that you are stuck in bed, be grateful at least you get to be at home, most of the time if they are worried they keep you in the hospital until you deliver :) Have they checked to see if you are dilated at all? Give me a call if you need anything, or want that baby lesson :) 714/618-2247, I'm home most days not doing much because I work at night! Take care of yourself, you can also email me No1Na@aol.com, don't be a stranger!
Oh! I'm sorry. True bed rest sucks! I've got a good DVD library just for bed rest. I'll call you and send you some. Hang in there!
Brutal Kelly. I went way above and beyond just sending you A DVD.... I just sent you 300 about two days ago... except their sort of en Espanol and they're pretty dang boring ;)
Good luck with that bed rest sentencing!
Post a Comment