The Legendary Llams of 2004
I was chosen as the Grand Representative to Washington/Idaho/Australia and the Orient Pacific. Now, the funny part is that I had just started dating Brian who was living in Washington at the time. As the representative I had to travel a bunch of times to Washington which was very convenient. Maybe that helped Brian and my long distance relationship grow into a serious one. I was also able to go to Australia for a couple weeks to meet with the Rainbow girls there.
Well, Grand Assembly was this last weekend, and it was my 5 year Reunion. Our mascot was the Llamas and we were called The Legendary Llamas. It was so much fun seeing all my friends again. Especially Melissa (Grand Representative to Alaska/Hawaii)! We were attached by the hip the entire year. She came to Australia with me and I went to Hawaii with her. We traveled up and down California in my beetle and had the best time. At the reunion dinner it was just like old times. I NEVER stop laughing.
My Mom and Savannah went with me, and had an awesome time. We drove up and stayed over night in a hotel. We were only there for one session and the reunion dinner (about a 30 hour trip from beginning to end). Savannah was able to take a bath at in the sink at the hotel... she doesn't look too happy, but I know she liked it.
Here are some pictures, but a warning for those who do not know anything about Rainbow... you will think it looks really weird.
This is Alison, the girl who took my office the year after me. People who had the same Grand Office as you in a different year is called a 'Grandie'.
All of the blue dresses are from my year, and yes... we wear hoop dresses. As you walk it should look as if you are floating... if you do it right... it takes some training and practice. Each year the dresses are a different color and style. This is a way to recognize each year when they come back. My dress was WAY to big for me, so I just wore a plain white dress, but with our hoodies.
These are my 'Grandies'. We all had the same office, just different years. All the hoop dresses were their Grand Office Dresses.
3 comments:
You sure gallavant around alot these days! No wonder you haven't come over to do laundry or pick up Savannah's shoes and hat to go with her outfit, Glad you had a good time.
I think it's cool, no matter what Brian says. It makes my want to put my future daughters in a well organized and meaningful charitable organization. :)
It was so great seeing you! Here is our blog address: stpierrefamily09.blogspot.com
You will have to explain to me how you made your blog so cute...mine is so plain!
Post a Comment