Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Baby can Read

My parents bought Savannah the My Baby Can Read program before she was born. We have followed the program on schedule with the videos, books and flash cards. She really loves the entire program.

Here is a video of her progress at 13 months.


Something else that is fun... I finally got prescription sun glasses. My black frame regular glasses have been in the shop for two weeks getting repaired. Savannah snapped them in half so I have been struggling for a couple weeks (bad timing since the semester started three weeks ago... I tried getting through it with by taping my glasses and then I realized I looked like a total dork so I made an eye appointment). When I went in to get them fixed they retested my eyes. The Kaiser doctor told me that I was starting to develop specific type of lines or wrinkles around my eyes that are indicating I am not protecting my eyes in the sun (since turning 25 I feel that I am getting nervous of looking older so this was very disturbing news). I thought this was going to be a sales pitch for me to buy an expensive new pair with lenses that fade in the sun. I told him since I wear my regular glasses all the time I don't switch to sunglasses since it hurts my eyes without prescription. As I thought he then suggested those lenses in my regular glasses that tint in the sun. I explained that I didn't feel that it would be a good look on me (since he was wearing a pair and seemed jazzed to tell me about how 'cool' they were it was the nicest way I could think of saying I don't like them ). The doctor said that then prescription sunglasses were medically necessary and so my insurance covered it. I was SO happy. They even covered my favorite brand COACH! I have been wearing them for a couple days and LOVE them. I can feel such a difference- I get a lot less eye pain/head aches when driving during they day.

2 comments:

Grandma Caroline said...

You are one cool looking mama. And I think it is wonderful to see Savi progress, it's so neat!

Lisa Henderson said...

Oh man my computer wont let me watch videos!