Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oh Savannah!

Savannah has begun to throw full-blown tantrums before naps and bedtime. I am not prepared for this. She is such a good girl and now it's like she turns into a naughty monster when I put her down in bed. I don't know how to handle this.

Suggestions?????

2 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

Stay calm and don't react. Its so hard but when I can do that the tantrum stage seems to go by so much faster. Plus it helps diffuse the tantrum. When I get upset their tantrums get worse. Good luck!

Grandma Caroline said...

Lisa's right. Stay calm and walk away, when she stops crying, then calmly explain that we all have to do things we dont like, then pick her up and in she goes! Good luck. Call me and I will tell about the different kinds of kids and how to handle each.