Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Savannah!

Today Savannah turned 2, and I can hardly believe it. She is growing up so fast, but I enjoy every minute of this time. Everything she does and every new thing she learns makes me so happy. I could be having the worst day at work and exhausted but when I pick her up from school I am re-energized. I love her personality. She is sweet, shy, quiet, funny, smart and kind. I couldn't imagine our family without her, and am so grateful for her sweet spirit.

Today, we went to Luann's Dress Shop and went crazy buying all her Church Dresses for 2011. It was the annual sale day when everything is on sale and then you take an additional 50% off. By the time my Mom and I walked out of there we 22 dresses, 1 full slip, frilly socks, matching hair bow and jewelry. She is going to be one stylish girl in nursery. Of course we got the extra-full slip to make the dresses even fuller (it just isn't the same without layers and layers of lace). After that we went to Johnny Rebs for lunch, back home for a quick nap and off to Disneyland. Brian couldn't really participate much in todays activities since his car accident, but Savvy and I went and had fun on the rides. We wore our Minnie Mouse shirts that I had made for her party and she wore her Minnie Ear clips. We went to Goofy's Kitchen and saw a bunch of Disney Characters, but Savannah would become very nervous as they approached us. Then she would cry her eyes out and shout "Bye, Bye Pluto!". Basically telling him to leave in her own way. Then, "Bye, Bye Chip" all while sobbing. After they walked to the next table she would wave and blow kisses. She's so funny like that.
The end of the night ended with a BIG lolly pop stuck her to sweatshirt, out like a light in her car seat.

Happy Birthday Savannah.

3 comments:

Em said...

Finally an update! I hope she had a great birthday party, seems like she had a fantastic day at disneyland. Do you guys have passes now?

Lisa Henderson said...

Hsppy Birthday Savvy! We miss you!

Matt and Kristine said...

Love that you got one with Minnie! That is perfect!