Friday, February 6, 2009

24 Years Old Today

Today is my 24th birthday. It is so strange that once you have a baby your birthday immediately seem less significant... or maybe it is because I am just 24. It's kind of a boring birthday, but definitely better than 23. I have a thing about odd numbers- it just doesn't sound as nice as a even number. It's funny because we were trying to have Savannah on a even birthday. We actually thought she would come late. I really wanted February 2nd or 4th. She came much earlier on 1-13-2009. Go figure.

Well, last night (while up with Savannah around 3 am) I was thinking about what I have done in these 24 years. I started to break it down (I fell asleep by the time I got to 11 years old):

I added pictures and was shocked about how much I changed!

23- Finished my Masters, sealed in the Church with Brian, Had a baby girl, didn't kill my husband for having a handle bar mustache, and said goodbye to my gallbladder.



22- Graduated from CSULB, Was accepted into the Masters Program at Chapman, and said goodbye to my VW beetle.

21- Got Married, Promoted to Director of Education at work (That was a miracle!), and got Lily for my birthday
20- Started working at CCCS-OC as the Youth Education Specialist, Quit Nordstrom (Thank Goodness!)
19- Bought a Condo, Found out that I had endrometriosis, Had endometriosis surgery, got engaged to Brian, lost a bunch of weight


18- Graduated from High School, Gave the commencement Speech as Graduation, Baptised, Appointed as a Grand Officer for Rainbow (youth Group), traveled to Australia, Hawaii and Washington for Rainbow, started dating Brian, and thought I could be an actress.

17- Was the editor of the school newspaper, Won an award for Mock Trial, and Nominated Homecoming Queen (didn't win).


16- Got my driver's license on my birthday, got a VW beetle, and was on the swim team.


15- Team Captain of the Tennis Team for El Dorado, was on the swim team, and Worthy Advisor for Rainbow (youth group club).


14- Was on the swim team, tennis team, and in track, Went to Tahiti.

13-Traveled Europe with my family.

12- Finally found a diet that worked and lost 40 pounds (thanks Lindora!), Got my first Boyfriend (thanks Lindora!).
I fell asleep after 12 years, and it's boring anyways.

2 comments:

Desiree said...

You are amazing! Amazing! Happy Birthday!!!

Grandma Caroline said...

It was not boring, I read every year and it brought back a lot of good memories. That is a good way to chronicle your life. You should print it out and put it in a book of Rememberance.

As for your Birthday, Auntie C didn't forget, I'm just swamped in work right now and I was going to send you a card,but I didn't get to that either! I hope you had the kind of birthday you wanted. I love you, Brian and Savannah.