This morning one of my biggest fears came true...
I was clipping Savannah's nails with actual baby nail clippers. I have been trying to peel them but haven't had much success. The last three days she has scratched herself badly so I felt that I had not choice but to use the clippers. Of COURSE... on the last nail I clipped too close and clipped some of her skin on the tip of her finger. She started with sticking out her bottom lip and then began to cry. I immediately picked her up and she calmed down.
I, on the other hand, couldn't stop crying. I felt terrible. I just couldn't believe I hurt my baby girl. I thought about it all day and felt horrible. My poor baby!
3 comments:
oh my goodness I have the same huge fear, forever I just put mittens on Keilana so that she wouldn't scratch herself and let the fingernails get so long. then while my mom as here I made her do it. Last night was my first attempt i made it, but the nails didn't get cut too short cuz I'm still so nervous. They should make better clippers or something to use.
Most first time mommies do that, join the club! It's not the first time you will hurt her and certainly won't be the last.
I think this is why Kam's fingernails are sometimes clipped by mommies teeth in our house.
Post a Comment