Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Auntie

Yesterday I was privileged to be with my cousins, my Uncle and my mom when my Aunt took her last breaths. She was there when I took my first breath and I was there when she took her last. It was the most beautiful and spiritual moment of my life.


The thing that makes me most sad is thinking of how much my mom will miss her.

My cousin Mark made a beautiful video of her life. It is on her ALS bloghttp://myalsjourney.blogspot.com/.

I will miss her, but am so glad she is no longer in pain. Watching her go through this trial has strengthened my testimony and changed my life. I have written my personal feelings/thoughts/experience in my journal so I can always look back on yesterday and remember the strong feeling of the spirit as she left this earth.


I love you Auntie.

3 comments:

Em said...

I love you kelly!

Jill said...

Beautifully said. I'm glad she's free of pain, too. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Melissa said...

So sorry Kelly. I hope you are doing ok. I am glad she is no longer in pain. She is happy now. Call me if you need anything. We love you!