Friday, November 20, 2009

Bank of American Award Ceremony

Today was the awards ceremony for the $200,000 Bank of America award. The event was held in the Diamond Club at Angels Stadium, and we were able to bring 20 people. It was such a great event.

This is Natalie Lohrenz the Director of Counseling. She has been working at CCCS-OC for ten years. She is the other grant writer and mainly does the big federal grants. I focus on private foundations. About two years ago her husband (a pilot) bought a crop dusting business in Wyoming and they were moving. Jim (our boss) was too afraid to let her quit since she is so amazing. So she actually works from Wyoming and flys in once a month to attend meetings.


Since I wrote the Grant I gave the acceptance speech.


The award is beautiful and is made out of marble, granite and some other type of rough stone. It weight about 15 pounds.


OF COURSE, I couldn't resist taking this picture!
I am such a DORK!


The check is somehow more cool than the trophy :)

3 comments:

Em said...

I love it kelly. Congrats on the award! I miss you

Grandma Caroline said...

Wow, I have to read your blog to know what's going on in your life! Congratulations on the big award, and by the way, you look faboulous with that Check!

Matt and Kristine said...

Yeah for the digital clicker! I missed you yesterday!