It's been a couple years since I really had a horrible flu... and oh was it horrible. From Friday night until about 5 pm today I have felt awful. I slept most of Friday night on the floor, unable to move. Saturday was mostly a blur, but at least I was in a bed most of the day. I remember thinking, "I should go to the hospital, but I am too sick to leave the house." This got me thinking even more during my dehydrated rant, "What do people do when they are too sick to take themselves to the hospital?" During a phone call with my cousin Mark, I mentioned this thought and he replied, "Kel- that's when you call a paramedic". Not that I was sick enough to call a paramedic, but, "Duh!" Next time I am so dehydrated that I can't critically think I will call Mark, after all, he is a rocket scientist!
Last Friday morning, Brian and I took Savannah to her wellness check-up as well as a check-up for her ear infection. She passed everything with flying colors, except that she actually lost one pound. The doctor said that she could have lost weight because babies at her age (10 months) are so active and crawl around everywhere. That's a good theory, BUT Savannah isn't crawling yet. The doctor looked a little puzzled and then said, "Well, that's common for a baby with her mass." Now, of course with a mommy with a history of child obesity I had a look of panic on my face. Not even a year old and we are already having these types of conversations with our pediatrician. Memories of Choc Hospital's child weight loss program, "Is that a good choice" was rushing back to me. He explained that, "Savannah is very proportional, but she is overall a large child." So, we kind of backed off of trying to get her to crawl and just figured it would happen when her body mass would allow her to.
OF COURSE, the moment she really started crawling was Saturday when I was the most sick. Here is a quick video.
6 comments:
way to go Savannah!! That is so exciting & scary at the same time!! Prepare yourself kel, nothing is safe in your house!!!
Yay for Savannah!!! I'm so excited she crawled! And I'm glad you're finally feeling better.
SO exciting! I love it when they crawl, they are so much happier the more independent they get. FYI: Tamara ended up teaching YW's, so no feeling quilty, I am just glad you are better. However, she was very sad you were sick, she was really looking forward to your lesson. As I am sure the girls were too!
Oh...let the mischief begin!
She's moving!! Baby proof the home!! She is so stinking cute! Miss her and you guys. Glad you are feeling better.
Oh, and in case you haven't checked your email yet...get together at our place this saturday at 5:30. I'll send out our address. Come!! And bring Savannah!!
I had a good belly laugh at your explanations of getting Marks help and the 'mass' conversation. Darling, you won't let her get overweight because you were that way, so don't worry about it. My only worry is that she will have the TABER BUTT curse to live with all of her life, however keep in mind, your mom, me and you all found husbands.
Post a Comment